Subject: Re: (New) windows modeller!!
From: Kon Wilms <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 16:23:05 -0500

At 07:01 AM 12/19/95 -0500, Marcus Ward wrote:
>
>>It looks like a program written by and for Mac enthusiasts (complete with
>>the requisite Kai-style eccentric interface) badly ported over to the PC as
>>an afterthought, because if you don't try to sell a PC version you won't
>>make any money. But their heart doesn't seem to have been in it.
>
>
>I would like to wholeheartedly agree.  Did you also notice the mouse lag
>while trying to model? it about drove me nuts.  After using the 3 view type
>modeler in lw, trying to model from a perspective view also seems really
>hard.  I dont think it will replace modeler anytime soon.  

It's sad how everyone just gives something a cursory glance and is instantly
an authority on the subject. AMAPI is a good modeller. If only the people
criticizing it here knew the half of what it could do.

Kai-style interface? I don't think so. The interface is EXTREMELY functional.
And if someone says that modeller's interface surpasses a intuitive design
such as amapi's then please go and do user interface design 101.

First, it's not a mac port. As far as I know, the Mac version came after the PC.
Second, there is a certain way to working with it. It's not a standard primitive
tri-view job. Third, there's a little button on one of the menus that puts
you in non-perspective view. Fourth, there is no mouse 'lag'. Take your
finger off
that left button while not doing any functions..

If people bothered to look, things would be so much easier. Broaden your mind.
Modeller is not the do-all end-all solution.

Cheers
Kon
                             .__         .__  .__
                     ._______/  |______ _/  |_|__| ____.  
                     /  ___/\   __\__  \\   __\  |/ ___\ 
                     \___ \  |  |  / __ \|  | |  \  \___ 
                    /______> |__| (______/__| |__|\_____>
                     ------------- Designs -------------
                   http://www.virtualynx.com/staticdesigns
                             Graphical Delights